News: Steam Hardware

Main Page for News, info, review links
Max209

News: Steam Hardware

Postby Max209 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:22 pm

finepot

Re: News: Steam Hardware

Postby finepot » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:34 pm

i was checking out the hardware section when i noticed it earlier today.

i think the steam link would be the purchase i would make as i would rather spend the money that a steam machine costs on upgrading my computer.
Max209

Postby Max209 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:38 pm

finepot wrote:i was checking out the hardware section when i noticed it earlier today.

i think the steam link would be the purchase i would make as i would rather spend the money that a steam machine costs on upgrading my computer.

it is cheap... it will work similarily to chromecast/androidtv/manyothers, stream screen real time to your tv

and as i said, heat production and noise from full tower high end desktop will be confined to another room, while you can enjoy pure gameplay on your tv next room...

I believe the requirements were 5ghz wireless router though
Cookie

Postby Cookie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:09 pm

interesting .. but the controller seems like a crap shoot .. you pre order for an idea ! and the steam machine sounds good but you should know exact details of what you are buying !!! maybe good ... but I never buy anything sight unseen or information unknown !!!
Freelancer
Site Admin

Postby Freelancer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Cookie wrote:interesting .. but the controller seems like a crap shoot .. you pre order for an idea ! and the steam machine sounds good but you should know exact details of what you are buying !!! maybe good ... but I never buy anything sight unseen or information unknown !!!

Controller has been in development for several years not to mention messed around with a lot. From the look of it it looks good but I couldn't tell you unless I got my hands on it. Most are saying it takes some getting used to. I'm intrigued. I might get the controller and the steam link
ImageImage
Cookie

Postby Cookie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:53 pm

Free I trust you ... but from my standpoint here .. all I am hearing is a lot of hearsay .. not how I do business or spend my money !! that is all I am saying !! sorry bad grammar but hope you get my point !! seems like they want you to preorder an idea not a fully functional and tested item !!
finepot

Postby finepot » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:52 pm

Freelancer
Site Admin

Postby Freelancer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:15 pm

Well it makes sense to take a phone texting approach, I'm surprised it hadn't been done before
ImageImage
Max209

Postby Max209 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:04 pm

Cookie wrote:Free I trust you ... but from my standpoint here .. all I am hearing is a lot of hearsay .. not how I do business or spend my money !! that is all I am saying !! sorry bad grammar but hope you get my point !! seems like they want you to preorder an idea not a fully functional and tested item !!

I must've typed this in a slight confusing way then... the pic presented is still just a render, but this is a final look of the controller, and it has been like that for about a year. They actually had a sign up for beta tests where you got a free steam controller and a beta version of steam machine (if you won the contest), and that was probably the official test of the controller.

Return to “FG2”